Announced on September 18, 2013 the Blackberry Z30 is a top end Smartphone that is the successor of the Blackberry Z10. It enters a highly competitive market and will go head to head with the likes of the iPhone 5s, Windows Lumia 1020 and Samsung Galaxy S4. When compared to its predecessor the Blackberry Z10, the Z30 does come on top. Some of the differences between the devices include:
- – The Screen Size: The Z30 has a 5 Inch Display, with a resolution of 1280 * 720 @ 225 ppi. The Z10 has 4.2 Inch Display with a resolution of 1280 * 768 @ 356ppi. The Z30 has a 38 % bigger screen, but a slightly lower pixel per inch. Both displays make use of AMOLED technology, which provide the benefit of consuming minimal power.
- – Battery: Blackberry have fitted the Z30 with the biggest battery they have ever put into a smartphone, with a 2880mAh battery, compared to the Z10’s 1800 mAH. The battery is also non removable in the Z30.
- – The Weight: The Z30 has a weight of 170g and measures in at 140(Width) * 72(Height) * 9.44 mm(Depth), whilst the Z10 measure 130 * 65,6 * 9mm and has a weight of 136g.
- – Processor and GPU: Both the Z10 and Z30 make use of Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processors, however the Z30 has a dual-core 1.7 GHz processor, with Quad Core Graphics whilst the Z10 has a 1.5GHz dual Core processor.
- – Microphones: Z30 has 4 of these, oppose to the Z10’s two.
- – Operating System: Blackberry Z30 comes with v 10.2, whilst Z10 comes with Blackberry OS v10.1
Overall the Z30 is a bigger smartphone(Battery, Processor, Dimensions, Weight) and comes with additional features that secure’s its successor status. Blackberry claim the new battery will provide up to 25 Hours of of battery time, which is quite significant. Fitted deep into the Z30, is the Paratek Antenna technology. This antenna dynamically adapts itself to the environment in which it is present, helping the device reduce drop calls and improve cellular reception.
For those of you that enjoy listening to music on your device, the Z30 comes with Blackberry Natural Sound Technology that delivers high quality sounds via the devices, and improves the quality of video and audio on Blackberry BBM voice and video chat. With microSDXC support, up to 64 GBs of storage can be added to the Z30. Unfortunately, the precense of radio is not one of the features of Z30. An 8 megapixel camera adorns the rear end of the Z30, with a BSI sensor, Auto focus and Led Flash. The rear camera, can record HD video at 1080p@ 30 fps and features geo tagging, face detection and image Stabilization.
To hold of this together, is the Blackberry 10 Operating system. The QNX based OS, which was released in the beginning of last year was run on the Z10 and now also on the Z30. Users can expect to the see the reappearance of the Blackberry Hub, Multitasking features, BBM Video/Screen Share and Time Shift Camera. An notable feature about the Blackberry 10 OS is it’s ability to run Android applications via side loading. This allows applications like Instagram to run on Blackberry 10 OS. At present there close to 130, 000 apps available on the Blackberry world for users to download.
|Battery||2880 mAH non Removable Battery|
|Camera||Back: 8 MegaPixel Auto-Focus Camera
Back Side Illumination(BSI), Flash, Image Stabilization
Digital Zoom 5x, 1080 HD Video Recording
Front: 2 Megapixel Camera, 3x Digital Zoom, 720p HD Video Recording
|Connect||BLUETOOTH: v4.0 Low Energy
NETWORK: LTE, HSPA/UMTS, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
GPS: Assisted GPS, Glonglass Support
Near Field Communication
USB: Micro USB 2.0 High Speed Port
HDMI: Micro HDMI
WI-FI: 802.11 a/b/g/n, 4G Mobile Hotspot
|CPU||Dual Core 1.7 Ghz Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro|
|GPU||Quad Core Adreno 320|
|Display||5″ Capacitive Inch Super AMOLED, 1280 * 720 pixels @ 295 ppi
16:9 Aspect Ratio, 24-Bit Color Depth
|Keyboard||Onscreen Blackberry Keyboard(portrait/landscape)
Auto-Correction, Word Prediction, Personalized Search Engine
|Memory||Internal Storage: 16 GB
Memory Card: MicroSDXC up to 64GB
RAM: 2 GB
|Operating System||Blackberry 10 OS|
|PreLoaded Apps||Multimedia: Music, Videos, Pictures, Camera, Picture Editor, Movie Editor, BBM™ Video
Productivity: Universal Search, Email, Calendar, Contacts, Browser, Text Messaging, Messages, Clock, Calculator, Documents To Go™, Print To Go, File Manager, Adobe® Reader, BlackBerry® Remember (memos /tasks combo)
Other: Phone, BBM™, BlackBerry® World™, Facebook®2, Twitter®2, LinkedIn®2, Games, YouTube®, Weather, Maps/Navigation, Smart Tags (NFC), Setup, Help
|Size||Height: 140.7 mm
Width: 72 mm
Depth: 9.4 mm
Weight: 170 g
|Support||Image: BMP JPG, PNG, TIFF
Audio and Video: 3GP, 3GP2, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG-4, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, MKA, AAC, AMR, F4V, WAVSensors: Accelerator, Magnetometer, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor, Altimeter