After a small waiting period, the Evad3rs team have released a Untethered Jailbreak for the iPhone. As we previously reported, the Jailbreak was due on Sunday, but was released a day later on Monday, the 4th. All that is behind us now, as the Jailbreak has been tested and is working. This is a guide on how to Jaibreak your iPhone. Thanks to Evad3rs.net for making this Possible. Enjoy =)
- Windows Xp Or Higher, Linux or Mac OS
- iOS 6.1
- USB Cable to connect
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- iPad Mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPod Touch 4G/5G
- Apple TV 2G
- MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
- Windows (XP minimum)
- Linux x86/x86_64 (Kernel >= 2.6.24, libgtk+-2.0 >= 2.24.13)
Step 1 (Update your iPhone)
Update your device to the latest version of IOS, namely 6.1. Do this through Itunes, instead of through the Over the air(OTA) method, to avoid any unnecessary complications.
Step 2(Back Up you iPhone)
Back Up your Device through Itunes, so that you can restore in the case that something goes wrong.
Step 3(Download the Jailbreak)
– Download the Evasion Jailbreak
Step 4(Turn of Passwords)
– Disable your back Up password in Itunes if You Use one. Itunes will make a new BackUp after this is done.
– Disable your Lock Code on your iPhone if you Use One. (Settings -> General -> Password Lock Off)
Step 5(Connect Your Device)
– Connect your device to your Computer through USB. Close Itunes if it is running, but leave iPhone connected.
Step 6(Launch The Jailbreak)
Unzip the Jailbreak File you downloaded, and Launch the Jailbreak Application by double clicking on the evasiOn icon.
Step 7(Start the Jailbreak)
Hit the Jailbreak Button, and start the Jailbreak Process. Do not touch your device.
Step 8(Assist the Jailbreak)
Half way through the installation, you will be asked to Unlock Your iPhone, and click the Jailbreak Icon. Do this only once, and your screen will go black for a second and the return.
Step 9(Finish Jailbreak)
Wait for confirmation on the computer that the Jailbreak is complete. Unlock your iPhone and find a new Icon called Cydia. If it is there, then everything went as planned and your device is now Jailbroken!
Step 10(Launch Cydia)
Launch Cydia, and Wait for it to complete it’s first Start Up. Springboard will restart itself.
Choose the appropriate account, and Load up Cydia.